June 3, 2016

Update

We've had a chaotic week. Stress is running high for both of us, and life feels unsettled. I always feel guilty and reluctant to say that because I know it could be worse and lots of people experience way more chaos than we do.  But I'm personally trying to stop diminishing how I feel because of what I think other people will think or judge about it.  I have a right to my feelings. 

I'll explain more about the new apartment later but we did end up getting the keys last Friday night.  Woot! We haven't officially moved.  Our life and possessions are currently divided between two places, which adds to the chaos.

Between the move, Dan's grandma passing, regular life, and other commitments we are sufficiently overwhelmed.  But I did want to share a few of the brighter moments from that last week and the Memorial Day weekend.

I attended a nice baby shower last weekend.  The handmade felt balls that Mandy made for our wedding made another appearance.  I'm glad they got some more use.




I went to a Pampered Chef party for the first time which was fun and I'm excited for a couple of new gadgets.

And we attended an NYC Football Club soccer game for a friend's early birthday.  It was a nice escape from life to go to the game for a few hours.


And good to spend time with these ladies.  


We've been so busy and preoccupied that we haven't gone grocery shopping. We had yogurt for dinner one night, pizza the other, and chips on Tuesday.  No lie.  Chips for dinner.  Our sleeping is off, both apartments are a mess, work is overwhelming right now, and we're emotionally spent.  We canceled all plans for this weekend, including the "official" move.  We will be on a flight to Kansas by 6 AM tomorrow morning.

Things will settle, we just have to hold our breath and let the wave wash over us in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment