March 7, 2014

Postage Disaster Averted

So this week was the week to get the Save the Dates out.  I, being the groom, am trying to be helpful with this wedding stuff for Stephanie.

Anyways, one important job I had this week was to mail the save the dates so I got them all together.  We had decided to not just drop them in the mailbox in case they got wet or whatever.  So on Tuesday I was to take them to the post office near the church office. I remembered to do what I was supposed to and around 1pm went to post office.   

There was a mail box inside that you can drop stuff into but I decided to do something different. I thought, let me just go to the window and make sure there are no problems. So I waited in line for 5 minutes and played candy crush.  Then the postal clerk looked at them and said you are one cent short.   First I was like, really?  Now, I was so glad I went to the window!

On the save the dates there is no return address because it is a postcard.  So if they did go in the mail but did not have enough postage, the post office couldn't return them to us and no one would get them. 

So I bought 125 one cent stamps, stamped the save the dates, and put them in the mail.  I found two save the dates with no postage on them at all (probably my fault there sorry Steph) but got everything else in the mail.  People should be receiving them soon!!

So, if you are wondering why there are two stamps that don't match, that's why.  Small price to pay. 


No comments:

Post a Comment