October 4, 2024

Life Lately

Man, what a week! And still one more day. Life has been very hectic lately. I had jury duty on Tuesday (my first time since moving to NJ). I ended up getting called for a criminal case but when I walked into the courtroom and the judge was none other than our next door neighbor!! So I got dismissed. It would have been an interesting case but I also don't have 4 weeks to spare. I had to stay at the courthouse for the full day but now I'm clear for the next three years.

Dan had to go into the city for work yesterday. So I got to run the kid circus. I'm rarely solo with the kids so it was a nice change of pace for me. It reminded me of those pre-pandemic days when I had Mondays off with just me and Kip. Man I miss those days.

Work has been insane the last several months and thus the blog has fallen out of priority. I've been meaning to do an update about how school is going for the kids but I was hoping to have photos to share. Alas, neither teacher has shared classroom photos and you all know how much that depresses me. 

I did get selected as one of the room mom's for Ivy's class so I'll at least get to participate there and I snagged some photos of Kip's classroom at Back to School night. His teacher is really into Harry Potter so everything is themed and we are grateful Kip is in a positive and fun environment after last years stress-filled classroom experience. 


Ivy is doing really well. She has the same teacher Kip did so that's awesome. The new switch this year is the district integrated 3K and 4K so about a third of Ivy's classmates are only three years old. Like, newly three. We're talking diapers and all that. There is a huge cognitive and developmental difference between three and four year olds. We're baffled by the decision which was not shared with the parents ahead of time and teachers seem very mixed about it. Fortunately, the pace of the curriculum is on track for the four year olds to be prepared to head to Kindergarten the next year, but it's still an interesting dynamic. Ivy has made friends with a little girl in her class which we are thrilled about but of course she is three so I'm not sure how Ivy will do once she realizes she will never be in the same class, let alone grade, with her friend again. But, that's a problem for another day. The only photo I got of her classroom on BTS night was her cubby.

The weather has been generally lovely here. Beautiful fall which really makes a difference for our adjustment to the seasonal change. Tomorrow we are headed to Storybook Land for some festive fun!!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment