April 24, 2024

Library Story Time with Dad

Sometimes Dan can convince Ivy to leave her little homebody routine and go to the Library Story Time at the library in the neighboring town on Thursday mornings. It's a cute little program with songs, stories, bubbles, and coloring.

Ivy is our little pandemic baby and very shy. She needs more social exposure (without Kip for her support) and so we're doing what we can to pull her out of her comfort zone in preparation for starting school in the fall. 










Between story time, ninja gym, and Sunday School Ivy will at least be comfortable enough to walk into a classroom solo in the fall, listen and follow instructions, and be comfortable around other kids. She may not strike up a conversation or make a friend immediately but she will be able to get herself in the door. And coming from my own experience of being a painfully shy kid myself, I know just getting in the door is the often hardest part.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Ivy, for doing new things! I am also super shy & I always find inspiration when others try out new things. I can't believe she's already at the age of preparing for school. Time flies!

    ReplyDelete