March 26, 2024

Weekending it

Well sorry the blog has been so lame lately. There just isn't too much worth sharing and not a ton of time for writing. 

This past weekend Mandy went home to Colorado to go attend a show of my mom's artwork at a local university. I wasn't able to go because of the timing but I'm glad Mandy and Jess went and Mandy got a bit of a break. Here are a few photos she took.



Since Mandy was away I got to pretend to be a stay at home mom for a bit and had a solo day doing the school drop off/pick up routine and hanging with Ivy. We played Play doh for two hours straight! It made me miss those pre-pandemic days when I had Mondays off with Kip. Those were special bonding times with him and I never really had that with Ivy. Working mom guilt. Sigh.

On Saturday it was a torrential downpour all day. We managed to get out of the house for lunch but that was it. 

That night we did family movie night which was fun. We watched Big Foot Family on Netflix and had extra buttery popcorn which the kids thought was great. 

Sunday the sun returned but it was freezing cold. We did church and chores and prep for the week. Nothing special. But the "little trains" did make a reappearance for a day of play.


Mandy got home early Monday evening and we were all glad to have her back. The kids were especially eager to see what souvenirs she brought back.

And now life is business as usual. I've got a busy, busy week at work and Kip's spring break starts on Thursday afternoon. And then Easter on Sunday and Grandma arrives for a visit at the end of next week!

Spring is supposedly here but we're still waiting for the warmer temps and I'm beyond ready to drop kick my winter coat for the season. I hope it's sunny wherever you are. Happy nearly hump-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment