March 12, 2024

Mother-Son Dance

On Friday night Kip and I went out for our second time at the Mother-Son dance. We had a fantastic time, just like last year.

This year's theme was Hollywood Red Carpet so a bit more formal than the glow party last year. I got a new dress and Kip got a new blue "worky shirt." Mandy made us a matching boutonniere and corsage and she did our hair too. We took photos before heading out.




Ivy was sad to see us go but she had a fun movie night with Mimi (including popcorn!). 

Ivy's scabby chin is the result of a scooter accident from earlier in the day.

Kip and I met-up with one of his friends from his class this year and his mom. It was their first time at the dance and we enjoyed hanging out with them.

The PTO didn't offer the professional photo package this year which was a bummer. I really loved our photos from last year. But they had a photo op right when we got inside which was at least something (wrinkles and all...lol). 


Kip and his bud.

 
 
As soon as we got to the dance floor Kip ditched me to literally run circles and catch balloons and be a maniac. Exactly what he did last year. But I didn't mind. I love watching him let it out and have fun with his friends. Unfortunately, that meant 90% of my photos from the night look like this:


Just a Kip-shaped blur.

After dinner Kip started dancing more instead of just running. He attempted to copy what he saw other boys doing and was essentially spinning and quasi-break dancing. It was hilarious, and not half bad. 
 

Kip and I did dance together some but most of the music was wild and sent all the boys into a feral frenzy running around. I talked to one mom who said the father-daughter dance is very mellow and this one is chaos. Girls vs. Boys. Ha!

Kip lasted the whole night and we did the photo booth too which was just a digital download instead of a printed strip. Each boy got to take home a mini Oscar statue. Kip loves some SWAG.


I'm excited for next year and every year he'll tolerate me as his date.

No comments:

Post a Comment