October 1, 2021

Peeks from the Week

Want to know who is happiest that Kip is back in school?

It's Ivy bean! She gets free reign of all of brother's toys and his bedroom. Happy girl. 

Other odds and ends of the week, Kip made the local newspaper!!!

This newspaper is SO small town Midwest vibes. When I clipped this blurb out it reminded me of my first archives job at my undergraduate college in Iowa. I was tasked with disassembling a massive clippings book that someone had made of every newspaper mention of students at the college in the 50s (I think). I'm talking THOUSANDS of little tiny clippings with news like so-and-sos parents came to visit her on campus or so-and-so spent the weekend in a neighboring town. Gripping coverage, let me tell you!

Also this week, I got picked to be the classroom parent for Kip's class. Also known as "room mom." Guys, it's a dream come true. I'm not sure if I was the only person who volunteered because I have no help but I'm excited regardless.

This weekend we are hoping to make it to Storybook Land for some festive fall fun. Happy Friday!! 

Oh, and one show recommendation if you want. HBO documentary by Spike Lee called NYC Epicenters. It is several episodes and all over the place, but I recommend the first episode. It provides and incredibly thorough presentation of what it was like to live in New York at the start of the pandemic. I know I talked about it here and to family but it is crucial for people to really have a true understanding of what the terror was like. By now, the pandemic is a part of all our lives and we are living WITH it. In the beginning it was a fear I hope to never experience again. If you had lived here during those first few months, you likely wouldn't be arguing about masks and vaccines now.

No comments:

Post a Comment