April 23, 2018

Weekending it

I had big plans for this weekend. A mom's night out with church friends for Friday night and a play date on Saturday with a new friend. Within ten minutes on Friday night, both had been canceled and I was extremely disappointed. As a consolation, Mandy said she would hang out on with us on Saturday. Dan ordered dinner for us all and we watched a movie.

On Saturday we all got around while Kip napped then we all headed to the diner for brunch. I'm trying to branch out of my comfort zone and do things with Kip, like take him to restaurants. I worry about how he will behave and if we will meet judgements. But, I realize early exposure is key. And you know, he did so well! He got a little antsy after his pouch was gone and was tired of the toy we brought but once we gave him a bit of pancake he perked right up!



After breakfast, Dan took Kip home for a nap and Mandy and I went out to get pedicures. After we got back, Dan got a haircut. Then we all headed out together for a long walk in the nice weather. FINALLY!!




We took Kippy to the park and he tried out the swings and slide. He was pretty indifferent to the experience.





I've come to the hard realization that I need to get up earlier on the weekends (well, probably every day but let's stick with baby steps). As much as I would love to sleep-in or lounge around like we used to, pre-Kip, it just makes for a better and less stressful weekend when we get up and get going. So, on Sunday, I went to the grocery store at 8 am. Ugh. But it wasn't crowded and I was back right after Dan finished getting Kippy ready and feeding him breakfast. We tag teamed and grabbed coffee and a donut before heading to church instead of scrambling out the door. I drove to church for the first time. Trying to get used to the car and used to Brooklyn traffic. Kip had terrible naps at church so we skipped brunch and I ran through Trader Joes to get the rest of our grocery list. Kip fell asleep in the car so Dan drove around and we did errands while Kip napped. It was a pleasant evening since he had a solid afternoon nap. I need to remind myself that a little bit of work ahead of time makes for a less stressful and enjoyable weekend.

Today the weather is lovely and Kip is napping without struggle so it's going to be a great day! Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment