April 2, 2018

Weekending it

Easter weekend went far too fast. I wish the Monday after was a formal holiday.

Mandy spent the holiday weekend with us so we woke up Saturday morning and got bagel sandwiches and slowly got around. Then we all went on a long walk around the neighborhood to pick-up a box at the mail center and enjoy a bit of a taste of spring weather while Kip napped in the stroller. Mandy wanted to carry him for the last few blocks.


After lunch Mandy and I headed into the city. Dan had gotten both of us tickets to see Dear Evan Hansen as Christmas gifts. It is such a popular show that he had to get tickets several months away. But it was worth the wait!! It was SO good and in my top three favorites. Thanks Dan!!!




While we were at the show, Dan took Kippy to visit a friend. Apparently he liked this little bouncy toy and the ceiling fan.


After the matinee Mandy and I headed back to Brooklyn and we all hung out that night while Dan watched the Final Four games on the computer. Poor KU lost. Dan was sad.

Sunday morning was Easter!!! Dan made us his yummy waffles for breakfast and then headed to church early for set-up while Mandy and I got Kippy in his Easter best and took pictures of him playing with his Easter basket goods. He got that cute little taggie hedgehog toy from Grandma Johnson and a bunny ear book and teether toy from Marmee. The rest, including the tote, was from Mandy (a book, some summer shirts, and a bathing suit). K-man is spoiled!






Kip didn't sleep great at church but we hung around after service for the little family carnival the church hosted.





Kippy and his little friend were twining!


We thought Kip would take another early afternoon nap like normal but he didn't. Instead, he had a diaper blowout on the car ride home and ruined his Easter clothes before we had a change to get a family picture. He never did take an afternoon nap despite several attempts. And then, right before getting him ready for dinner I tried to trim his fingernails and accidentally clipped his thumb. I felt SO bad and guilty and sad. It bled for 45 minutes and Dan called the doctor twice to get advice. It eventually stopped thanks to Mandy's persistent pressure and he finally fell asleep while nursing. He hasn't fallen asleep while nursing since he was like 3 months old and although he was so tired and sad, I enjoyed that little bonding moment after the previous hour's drama.

Today he is struggling to nap, like every Monday. It's snowing. The apartment is a mess and I have a million things to do so I'm signing off. Happy April!

2 comments:

  1. I clipped Avery's thumb when she was about 6 weeks old. I felt like the worst mom in the world. I cried for a long time. I haven't clipped her nails since. Aaron or my mother-in-law does it. What made it worse was when my 4 year old said (upon needing his finer nails clipped) "Are you going to slice me like you sliced Avery?" I felt AWFUL! The things we go through as Moms. Sigh. Kip sure looked cute in his Easter outfit, and I'm glad you got some pictures of him before his blow out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel horrible. He has had a sock on his hand all day to keep it protected since a band-aid won't stay. Only thing that helped me was the doctor saying that it happens all the time and it's not a big deal. My friend suggested using a pair of baby nail scissors that give you more control and it's easier to tell if you have skin instead of the nail.

      Delete