April 11, 2018

Weekending it

This week has been pretty crazy busy. I had a two-day workshop in the city on Monday and Tuesday and between the extra commute, stress of pumping in a weird place and weird time, and general stress about the workshop, I've had no time to do my regular blogging.

But, we had special weekend visitors and I didn't want to miss recapping their time with us.

Grandma and Grandpa Johnson came on Friday!! They arrived early evening and Dan and his Dad headed into the city to see the Knicks. Dan ask for tickets to a game for Christmas and my uncle got him pretty great seats. Initially he was going to find a friend to go with him but then Terri Mom and Allen Dad scheduled a trip out over that date and it worked perfectly! They were pretty pleased with the seats and the win.


While they were at the game, Terri Mom and I ordered dinner and watched a couple of episodes of The Keepers on Netflix.

We decided to have Kip sleep in our room in the pack-n-play so that our guests could have the privacy of his room and sleep on the more comfortable futon. I was nervous about how that would work and if Kip would wake in the night. Fortunately it went really well and he only woke up early one day! And secretly, I liked having him close-by again.

On Saturday we just hung around the apartment and played with Kip. His naps got off so we didn't get out until the afternoon for a late lunch and trip to Buy Buy Baby. Kippy sat in a restaurant high chair for the first time and it was pretty cute.




On Sunday we went to church and spent the afternoon playing. Naps were off again and he was so cranky and fussy that we ended up putting him to bed early.



Terri Mom and Allen Dad babysat sleeping Kippy for a tiny bit both nights so that Dan and I could go on walks. It was such a simple but special treat. The ability to just get up and go out for a quick walk vanished once Kip was born and I've really missed that freedom. It felt great to get that little outing.

I had to leave early Monday morning to head into the city for the workshop and I missed my Kippy day. It pretty much messed my whole week up. But Kippy got some extra time with Dan and Grandma and Grandpa so it wasn't all bad!

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun. Thank you! Grandma and Grandpa Johnson

    ReplyDelete