March 5, 2018

Weekending it

Terrible weather blew through on Friday. It wasn't particularly cold but it was SO WINDY. When I got off the train on Friday night I was being pushed down the block by the wind. I had to stop and shield myself behind a fence because it felt like I would get pushed into traffic. I saw a delivery guy on his bike literally fall over sideways by the wind. They closed the bridge that Mandy takes home but fortunately she had already planned to stay the night. So grateful it was a Friday and not mid-week.

Welcome March! The month with the most seasonal identity crisis.


Saturday was sunny but still very windy. Mandy and I got pedicures and then we all putzed around the apartment and did chores. We dropped the crib mattress down since Kippy is starting to push up in the crib. It was a pain to drop so we just decided to go all the way down instead of the middle level. That meant that nothing fit under the crib anymore so we took the opportunity and switched our stroller to the City Mini (it was stored under the crib). We'd been using the Chicco Keyfit with the infant car seat and loved it. Kip is close to outgrowing the car seat and we were all ready for a change. The City Mini rides SO smooth and I love that it lays flat so Kip can nap. He seems to like it too.


We went for a walk despite the cold and wind. We are all SO ready for spring and it keeps teasing us and then disappearing with another cold snap.

On Sunday Dan had welcome team at church so we got there super early. Fortunately Kip took two hour long naps in his stroller. Grocery shopping after church, as usual. My favorite perk of church in downtown Brooklyn is having the chance to go to Trader Joes every week. I can't get all my shopping done there (they lack a lot of basics) but we still get some great stuff.

Kippy has been fighting afternoon naps lately. Sometimes he refuses to sleep after 2 pm which makes him quite fussy by bedtime. Trying to get him on a consistent schedule is sort of like hitting a moving target. But, overall, he is a happy little guy.


My older sister Jessy is coming to visit this weekend and spring is in the air! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment