March 23, 2018

Peeks from the Week

Three weeks - Four snow storms - Zero snow days - Exhausted

Even though the snow accumulation was never as much as predicted in the city, commuting to and from work in any weather condition is annoying at the very least. SO READY FOR SPRING OVER HERE.

All the storms have fallen on a Tuesday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Thursday. Since Mandy drives over from NJ on Wednesdays to be with Kip, she was having to come over on Tuesday night to avoid the storm or stay over Wednesday night to avoid travel hazards. I loved extra time with her but I know it was annoying to interrupt her normal routine. She moved to NJ after living in the Chicago area for 10 years and this winter has rivaled those of the Midwest which is not a happy swap. We are all hopeful this last storm was the end of it.

This is the little community garden I walk past every day on my way to work.



Buried in snow. I plan to take pictures of it as transforms through the season.

Even though I didn't get a snow day, I did leave work early and Kippy was the absolute cutest when I arrived home. We sat in his room looking out the window at the snow falling. He was mesmerized. He doesn't really have any snow gear so we didn't take him out in it but I sort of prefer indoor observation anyways.




It's another March Madness weekend and we all know who Dan is rooting for:


KU, if you couldn't tell.

Also this week, Kippy isn't crawling yet but he is managing to get to where he wants to go by sliding and rolling around. On Monday I was dusting his room while he played and he had wormed his way under his baby swing. I think we need to get serious about baby-proofing NOW.




We sorted through his clothes this week as 6 month items are getting a little snug. I just had to get one more little wear out of this cute plaid shirt that Jessy got him for Christmas.




Look how tiny he was just a few month ago!!

 

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment