September 1, 2016

Peeks from the Week

Happy September everyone! And all the fall lovers rejoiced. Now that's it is actually September, I accept all the fall merriment but I am relishing the summer-like weather which typically hangs in our area for a few more weeks. Tonight, after work, Dan and I are headed to the Jersey shore for our mini anniversary get away! Earlier in the week the forecast was looking rather gloomy but now things have shifted and we are hopeful to get at least one beach weather day out of our super quick trip. Check back next week for our recap.

Since we will be beach bound tomorrow, I am posting our Peeks from the Week today!

Tuesday was our anniversary and we went to dinner at the local hibachi restaurant in the neighborhood. Oddly, neither Dan or I had ever been there in our 7-8 years of living in Bay Ridge. It was fun!




I guess Monday and Tuesday nights kids eat free so there were a lot of kids and the staff sang their goofy happy birthday rendition about 10 different times throughout the night.




After dinner we strolled over to the pier to say a little prayer and re-read our vows. We also tossed our squished penny favor from the wedding into the ocean with a wish for the coming year. We did it last year and I wanted to make a tradition of it until we've used all the extra pennies. I remember the wish we made last year. It didn't come true. So we made this year's wish a little more general.


Back at home we opened cards from family (thanks everyone!) and even got some cute handmade cards from some little friends.



And then I discovered Dan's little creative decorating in the bedroom.



All the Buddies lined-up with special notes written on paper hearts.



It reminded me of the decorations he did in my old apartment when he proposed. He is so sweet and thoughtful and always does small things that speak to my heart. He got just two roses and two stems of my favorite flower, stock. 2 and 2 for 2!



Here's to year three and grand plans of making it our most hope filled year yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment