September 9, 2016

Peeks from the Week

I'm including a bit of our Labor Day weekend in this Peeks post since I didn't recap our other weekend happenings aside from Atlantic City.

So on Sunday we got Dan a bike. Our last major purchase before fall austerity. He had been borrowing a really old one for several years and we felt like if we didn't get him his own bike now we never would. Plus, he's been working really hard at his jobs and deserved a bonus treat.

There is a great bike shop around the corner from our apartment and that's where we got my bike last summer. That's his old borrowed bike in the back and his new one in front.


Although it's already early September, this was the first time we've taken the bikes out. We did go on two other bike rides with rented bikes on Governors Island. We went eight plus miles to the end of the promenade and back.




On Labor Day Monday we slept-in, had cinnamon muffins in bed, and then painted the entryway and an accent wall in the living room. But since I'm rarely home when the apartment has the most ideal light, I haven't gotten a good picture to show...plus we can save that reveal for the apartment tour which will happen some time this century. Promise.

Today is our date-iversary - four years! Right on the heels of our two year wedding anniversary. And the beginning of September marks my Brooklyn anniversary. I moved here 7 years ago as a small girl with a lot of courage and not a clue what I was doing. It was the best choice though because I ended up in Bay Ridge and God brought me to Dan so that's a happy occasion. I know, you're probably thinking enough of the celebrating already! Gag! Really we just use all of this to permit our indulgence of treats. So tonight, we are going to try a new crepe place in the neighborhood. Yum!  And today is the first full work day Friday since June. Ugh. I will forever miss summer Fridays. That deserves a crepe too.

We have a very busy and very full weekend and next week is packed to the max as well. This is fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment