May 14, 2014

Serving together

One thing I enjoy a lot is helping others.  I learned that I cannot go too long without serving others but it's not good for my schedule to overdo it either, regardless, one of my passions in life is to help others.

A great thing about my relationship with Stephanie is that she loves to serve others as well and we often get chance to do it together.  Whether on Sundays at church, with our small group, or in a youth group setting...we get to do it a lot. 

Stephanie is so helpful and keeps me grounded when there are a lot of details going on.   This last Saturday we got to serve together with a few of the teens from the church youth group at a program through Habitat for Humanity called "Brush with Kindness."  We helped finish painting a senior center at a housing project in Harlem.  It had flood damage from hurricane Sandy.  



I have to be a little sneaky sometimes because Stephanie doesn't always like pictures

 



Anyways, all I have to say is that it is fun to serve with the person you love.  I'm glad we get the chance so frequently! 

No comments:

Post a Comment