January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!!!

2013 was pretty good to us.  2014 will be even better!

On New Years Eve we broke-in the Scrabble game, ate pot pie and pumpkin pie, rented a movie and turned off the TV approximately 10 minutes after the ball dropped.



We started the new year by being total slugs and not stepping outside for one second and watching TV and movies all day.  It was bliss.  We played more scrabble, ate pickled herring to celebrate Dan's half birthday, and started on the wedding info website (will post when it's ready).  

World's smallest jar of pickled herring that supposedly serves 4?
As for resolutions, I usually pick a word to keep as my mantra and a goal to keep in mind.  I'm never very strict with sticking to the word or goal but that's okay.

After 4 years at failing to live the essence of the word "savor," I decided to pick a new word.  This year it is the word "save."  For the wedding, for the apartment, for being a responsible adult.  We'll see how long I can wait before oldnavy.com and amazon devour that word.

My goal for the year is to "be more available."  I have lots and lots of people in my circles who I feel terribly guilty about rarely being available for them.  Mostly I'm lazy and just tired but this year, NO MORE.  I'll try to be a better friend.

Cheers to a snuggly new year filled with possibility and things to look forward to!


No comments:

Post a Comment