March 6, 2023

Weekending it

Hello. Happy Monday. Don't worry, we're still here just nothing much to say as we continue to drag ourselves out from under the constant cycle of viruses running through the house. Honestly, it's offensive and I don't like reporting on it but I didn't want anyone to think something bad happened to us causing me to disappear. So here is the report.

Last weekend Kip had some sort of stomach bug, so combine that with the illness from the week prior and he missed several days of school and went to the doctor four times. Let me tell you, no bank account is safe from a desperate mom trying to find anything to make cleaning sick laundry a little easier. I'll be honest, a lot was tossed. Casualties: two sets of sheets, three pajama tops, one pair of pajama pants, two bed pillows, and a beanie boo. Praise God that pestilence hasn't spread.

Ivy and I had colds last week and Dan was sick with a mystery ailment this past weekend. Dan and I had fun plans for Sunday, but we were forced to cancel our date to see Sweeney Todd on Broadway. Bummed is the understatement of the year. I'm pissed. We haven't seen a Broadway show since before the pandemic, and I really wanted to see my friend star as Mrs. Lovett opposite Josh Groban as Sweeney Todd. Fortunately, at least, cousin's Kaleigh and Kourtney were able to use our tickets and see the show instead of us. I'm really glad they enjoyed it. I hope they don't mind me sharing this cutie photo they sent us from the theater. It made me smile.

The sun is staying out longer and longer and tiny flowers have been fooled into thinking spring is here. Despite the health struggles of the last several months, I am grateful the weather has been mild this winter. I feel spring approaching too and that has honestly saved my sanity. 

Be well and send health-full thoughts our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment