December 7, 2021

Weekending it

Woof. What a weekend.

Kip missed school Thursday, Friday, and Monday for cold symptoms. We had him tested on Saturday and fortunately it was negative, but gone are the days of sending your kid to school mildly sick.

Ivy caught it by Saturday and we've been wiping noses and comforting tears ever since. 

Also some Mom firsts for me: cleaning a vomit covered car seat (thank you Kip) and being puked on in the middle of the night (thank you Ivy). 

The good part of this weekend is Mandy, Dan, and I all got our booster shots - just in time for the new variant. 

Tell me, what is it like to not be in constant fear of the big C? I've forgotten what that life is like and piling this on to the approaching holiday travel plans is just elevating my stress level to new heights. UGH!

So, so tired. I feel like this squirrel, holding on to my window screen for dear life.

Our hero of the weekend was this fun and festive tablecloth that you can color on and wash and reuse. Everyone is enjoying it.






Hoping for a better week!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute tablecloth! We have a $3 color-on paper version from Target, but I like your tablecloth's designs better & what a bonus that it can be washed and reused!

    I'm so sorry that the cold has been going around your house. You're right that the days of "mild cold symptoms" are gone. I'm praying for continued safety for your family in the face of any and all variants.

    ReplyDelete