July 6, 2021

Weekending it

Dan is still in Kansas helping out with his Dad in the hospital. Please continue to offer-up good thoughts and prayers for Grandpa and hopefully some answers for what has been bothering him. I'm very grateful Dan was able to fly out and be there. Although we really miss him here I know he is needed more there for however long that may be. 

Mandy, the kids, and I did our best to survive the long weekend. Fortunately, the weather was in our favor. Perfect summer days, not too hot but just right. We went on a lot of walks while Kip scootered or rode his trike. A lot of outdoor play in the driveway and playground as well. Truly, Kip's behavior is best when we run his energy into the ground outside. I'm so grateful for where we are living this summer knowing how much more convenient and comfortable we are taking the kids out and just having space for them to be outside easily.










We didn't do anything special to celebrate the 4th. Obviously we didn't do any fireworks but we heard plenty of them throughout the night. 

Today was my first truly solo day with the kids. I took the day off of work with Dan gone and Mandy started her first full day with the new family she is now nannying for. I was worried about the solo juggle since I've had so little practice since March 2020, the last time Kip and I had our solo Mondays together. This was my first full day with just me and the two of them. Isn't that crazy?! Ivy is nearly 14 months old and this was the first time I was at home "without" help for an extended period of time. Feeling really blessed by this past year despite all the awful causes for the circumstances we find ourselves in now. And deeply grateful for Mandy, as her living with us made the decision about Dan going back to Kansas for a bit really easy. She's always ready to step in and she and I can really partner well together when a situation calls for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment