September 12, 2018

Tribute in Lights

Trying to catch-up with our regularly scheduled programming but for now I'll just share some pictures I took last night of the Tribute in Lights, the two blue beams that appear over lower Manhattan on the evening of September 11th. I was able to go up to the roof where the lights are installed for the anniversary this year and see them up close for the first time. My pictures aren't great since I just have my phone but it's still neat to see.

"The twin beams reach up to four miles into the sky and are comprised of 88 7,000-watt xenon light bulbs positioned into two 48-foot squares, echoing the shape and orientation of the Twin Towers."










All those little white speckles in the photos are thousands of bugs flying in the beams. They would hit the hot lights and immediately burn in a little poof of smoke.

1 comment: