July 26, 2018

10 Years

This summer marks Dan's 10 Year Brooklyn anniversary!!! 10 years! Wow!

In June 2008, Dan (then 22) moved from his family and home in Kansas to start an internship at a church in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Small town boy in a huge city.


I didn't know him then.

Ten years later...
7 different apartments
2 different roommates
2 different jobs
2 church families
Thousands of subway rides
1 near death experience 
1 wife
1 baby
1 amazing neighborhood
Probably some wrinkles and gray hairs
And a lifetime of experiences along the way...


I love looking back at the last decade and thinking about all the ways my life choices wove me into life with Dan. And how aspects of Dan's life knit him into mine. God really works in some amazing ways to bring you to exactly where you need to be. I'm so grateful that small town boy made that big city decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment