February 17, 2014

Breaking Radio Silence

Okay, so yeah, we know...there haven't been any posts in awhile.  And we're sorry for that.  I did not want this blog to be one that only had occasional posts every few months or so because I HATE following blogs that do that.

But I get it now.  Life gets busy, or boring, or sad and there isn't much to say that I think anyone would be interested in, really.  But busy, boring, and sad are all still part of life and just as important to document, I suppose.  So here are a few things that have been happening lately.

We've gotten a lot of rotten dirty snow.

Hey, Midwest, you can have your winter back, we're not equipped out here on the East Coast.  

I've decided that snow in the city is only romantic when it's falling at night and snow is only pretty in the hour after it first falls.  After that it's simply ugly, dirty, and terrible in the city. It's times like these when I miss the wide open fields of Iowa all blanketed in white.  I do NOT, however, miss digging my car out of the snow and clutching the wheel hoping not to skid off the road.

Here is what our sidewalks have looked like for the past few weeks:




Dan and I have both had the misery of wearing inadequate footwear and ending up with cold wet feet and pants.  Do not be deceived by the pavement that appears to be simply wet.  It's a 3 inch deep puddle of water.  Ack!

We have stayed inside a lot due to the snow.  And since my TV is no longer providing any channels whatsoever (time warner is the scum of the earth) we have been binging on Breaking Bad (thanks for the suggestion Mandy) and being mildly productive on the wedding front.  Last week Dan stamped all the save the dates! 


I tried a new recipe for baked potato soup.  It didn't have a lot of flavor but it looks good right?


Right now I've been working on making the mailing labels for the save the dates.  Hopefully they'll be in the mail by the end of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment