November 20, 2017

Peeks and Weekending it

Popping in, real quick, to recap last week and this weekend. I'm currently in a race against the thin ice that is Kip's non-nap schedule.

We leave for Kansas TOMORROW!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhh. Terrified for the flight(s) with a 3-month old but excited for seeing Dan's family. 

Last week Kippy had his 3 month well-visit. He is 13.5 pounds and 25 inches long!!! Growing so fast. He loves the table in the office, especially the crunchy paper.



Mandy heard Kippy's first little laugh last week and caught the tale end on film. So sweet. I'm waiting for those baby belly laughs and we're getting close!



Dan is getting Kippy to bond with his teddy bear Toothpick.



Both Mandy and Dan have gotten Kip to nap in his crib!


And Dan went a got us ring pops to celebrate our engagement anniversary.


Friday night, Mandy spent the night and she and I got to get pedicures in the morning while Dan watched Kip.


Then Dan and I took Kippy to a birthday party for a friend. Our first invite as parents!! It was at a new indoor play place in the neighborhood and it was SO CUTE! Obviously, Kippy is too little still but it will be fun in the future.



In the afternoon Dan and I headed into the city for a date!!!! It was our first time in the city just the two of us since before Kippy was born. We saw A Bronx Tale on Broadway and we LOVED it! Great performances and music. 



We wanted to go to the Holiday Village in Bryant Park afterwards but it was raining and I needed to relieve my milk. Meanwhile, Kippy was having fun with Auntie Mimi.



On Sunday, Dan had set-up and welcome team at church so we got there extra early. But, Kippy did awesome. I am trying really hard to get him on a feeding and napping schedule and I was also trying to get him used to napping in the carrier or just being confined in a tight space in preparation for the plane. He did SO well! He fed every three hours and took two long naps, all while we were at church. Of course, as soon as we got home he went back to boycotting naps but I was happy with how well he did at church. 

Today, I'm packing and cleaning, and mentally preparing for a disaster tomorrow. My motto is plan for the worst to avoid disappointment and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.  I'll recap our trip next week. Everyone, enjoy your Thanksgiving!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment