November 16, 2017

Anniversary Week

It's kind of a big "anniversary" week over here.

November 11th was the four year anniversary of this blog way back in 2013.  Sheesh we were babies back then. Read our first post back here.


And today, November 16th, is our engagement anniversary. Oh what fun memories that brings back!! Read about our engagement back here. Sometimes I still feel those tingles of excitement when I think about the moment I realized what was about to happen. Dan can't hold a straight face for the life of him and I'm highly observant so I saw it coming all morning and it was fun to play along.






If I didn't have to work and Kippy was with a sitter, I think I'd like to spend the day ice skating with Dan and exploring the Holiday Village in Bryant Park. That was our plan for the day way back on November 16, 2013. But, I'll be happy to snuggle with my guy tonight and watch mindless television with the baby sleeping in the other room. My, times have changed.

And also this week is Kippy's actual first birthday. WHAT??? At some point during this very week last year, Kipling Alan Johnson was conceived (although he didn't have a name for a very long time). We didn't plan for it to land around the occasion of our engagement anniversary and I think we totally forgot about our engagement last year. It just happened because the ovulation kit said to pull the trigger, so-to-speak, and so we did. Neither of us expected it to catch, but we were blessed and 365ish days later we have a snuggly but wild three-month old and we couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment