February 24, 2017

Peeks from the Week

Well apparently I didn't snap any photos on my phone this week so there isn't anything to "peek" but this week was pretty eventful. Everyone seemed to be having great weather but I haven't really been able to enjoy it much since I'm at my work desk all day. I hopped outside for a few minutes today and snapped these blue sky views.



On Monday I had the day off and tried really hard to be super productive. I started calling around and researching birthing classes and potential day care options. Holy overwhelming nightmare. I have a benefit through work which is kind of a like a hotline. You can call and tell them what you need information on and they do all the research and calling around and give you the results. For free!!! So I asked them to research childbirth education classes in our area and day cares nearby with part-time options. The results they gave me: "we found nothing that fit your criteria." ??????? So, naturally I asked if they could give me the list of places they contacted so I can cross those off my list? Their answer: "we do not have a list of the places we contacted." So yeah, I'm not real encouraged that they actually did anything. Guess if you want to get something done you should just do it yourself.

Last night we hosted our first "Table" which is our church's form of small groups. Dan made quiche. It was just the couple we are co-hosting with and us but we had fun. It feels good to make connections and a few new friends after feeling like we lost the network we had spent years cultivating. Also there are two other women at our new church due within one week of me! Exciting.

Happy weekend! We're headed to the circus so be sure to come back Monday for our recap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment